Home / The project / EVC 1000 PHASES
EVC1000 project is structured in 5 phases which focus on in-wheel drivetrain layouts, as well as a wheel-centric integrated propulsion system and EV manager.
More specifically, the phases relate to the following aspects:
- New components for in-wheel powertrains:
- Efficient, scalable, reliable, low-cost and production-ready in-wheel motors, suitable for a wide range of torque and power specifications;
- Dual inverters for in-wheel motor axles based on Silicon Carbide technology. The designs will include detailed consideration and measurement of the electro-magnetic compatibility aspects, as well as the implementation of model-predictive health monitoring techniques of the electronic components.
- New components for electrified chassis control with in-wheel motors:
- Brake-by-wire system for seamless brake blending, high regeneration capability and enhanced anti-lock braking system control performance;
- Electro-magnetic active suspension actuators, targeting increased comfort and electric vehicle efficiency.
- Controllers for the novel EVC1000 components, exploiting the benefits of functional integration, vehicle connectivity and driving automation for advanced energy management.